Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Mon Dec 15 05:03:16 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 01:49:57PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> > I think the list you're looking for when you talk about only discussing
> > the base-system already exists (probably stable or arch). This is
> > freebsd questions- and the nature of the list according to the
> > all-knowing handbook IS for newbies, people who probably won't
> > understand the difference between third party and base.
>
> there is freebsd-newbies for this.
>
> this group is "freebsd-question" = questions about FreeBSD.

Not quite.  It is also the list one should use to ask FreeBSD-related
questions when one is not sure which list is most appropriate for that
particular question.

I.e. "freebsd-quesitions" is for all FreeBSD-related questions, not only
questions about the FreeBSD base system.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se