Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Dec 14 22:24:48 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 08:04:18PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> >than not you discourage beginners from getting interested in this
>
> i don't discourage beginners that want to learn.
>
> Most of them don't.

Considering that, the moment someone shows up and says "I'm a Windows
user, but I'm thinking about trying out FreeBSD," you immediately assume
the person doesn't want to learn without bothering to read any further, I
don't think you actually have any way of knowing whether anyone wants to
learn most of the time.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Colin McFadyen: "Unix is not an 'a-ha' experience, it is more of a