Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Sat Dec 13 15:03:21 PST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 23:04:43 +0200
Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:

> We have a fantastic postmaster, who is single-handedly managing dozens
> of mailing lists, replying to posts about email problems for the
> entire *.FreeBSD.org domain, and making sure that we get as little
> spam as possible.  That sort of service that is so good and so
> transparent that it is _very_ easy to forget how useful and thankless
> it is.

very true! i've been surprised at the low spam ratio here for sure!
we all owe a debt of gratitude to this postmaster.

> We seem to be doing quite fine without moderation so far.

that's pretty cool and certainly says something about the quality of
people on this list. the abrasive stuff is minimal as compared to other
lists i've been on too.

thanks for the info.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's