Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:15:42 PST 2008

I have yet to see a topic on questions@ regarding windows vs KDE.

> - how to make <some very basic things> is KDE/Gnome - it's not FreeBSD
> specific, of course we can answer how to do it without KDE/Gnome :)

I agree with this, to a point.  That's what freebsd-kde@,
freebsd-gnome@ are for, but sometimes questions are too generalized,
and end up here.

> - "When there will be 64-bit Nvidia Xorg support" - ask NVidia or Xorg team.
> It's not part of FreeBSD

It is, indirectly.  Although the FreeBSD developers shouldn't be
responsible for this kind of thing, they most probably have more
direct contact and "inside information" with these type of vendors.

> after there will be stopped, i will stop complaining

Doubtful.

--
Glen Barber