Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Dec 13 12:06:11 PST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:46:55AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> >>exactly what i wrote. the problem is that people like You (and millions
> >>others) are willing to buy product without any documentation.
> >
> >You may find this surprising, but sometimes circumstances lead people to
> >make purchases of "total package" products rather than building something
>
> there are products for them.

In other words, your answer seems to be:

  "We don't want users who like FreeBSD, but want to use it on a laptop.
  FreeBSD should never be used on a laptop."

I'd say I can safely ignore you, knowing that's your attitude, if it
weren't for the fact that a lot of other people won't know that down the
line, and you may permanently damage the FreeBSD project by chasing off
potential contributors.

Is there any way I can get you to stop being such a contentious trojan
horse of an enemy to the FreeBSD project?

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
They always say that when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade.