Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Sat Dec 13 11:31:46 PST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:06:39 +0100 (CET)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> >> under windows, but runs under - say - MacOS.
> >
> > In the hypothetical scenario that I would be a Mac user who is happy
> > with his MacOS application, why would I want to bother with
> > Microsoft at all?
>
> In the non-hypotethical scenario of You being windows user happy with
> flash in browsers (or maybe linux - doesn't matter), why do you
> bother FreeBSD users about it at all?!
>
> you exactly confirmed what i said

i don't see how your comment applies.

giorgos addressed the 2 scenarios

A. happy with os1 app, not bother with os2
B. happy with os2, but likes a os1 app so wants to have it ported or
find equivalent.

i think giorgos is saying that we have scenario B (while your
non-hypothetical is really A) where happy fbsd user would like some
other os1 app. i don't see anything wrong with that despite my personal
feelings about flash.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's