Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Sat Dec 13 01:18:53 PST 2008

>> The spirit of replying to all questions, even if they are similar to
>> ``How do I process images with a Photoshop-like program on FreeBSD?'',
>> or even ``Windows lets me use FOO and do BAR.  Is there something like
>> this in FreeBSD?'', seems to be one of the *good* aspects of this list.

it is bad aspect, just it got more severe last times.

>> Why should we destroy that good aspect by introducing moderation?

i want to destroy bad things and keep discussion on topic.

now it's MAYBE 1 post on-topic and 20 off-topic. at least.

i don't mean blocking it completely, but on THAT list which is "questions
about FreeBSD". Not "questions about millions of programs available for
unix".

if "questions about various unix programs running under FreeBSD" list will
be created, i will be a place for that.