install freebsd from inside another operating system

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Mon Dec 8 06:07:14 PST 2008

another way - but requires more linux knowledge ( i don't have it)

1) change linux to load to ramdisk - enough of it for basic system
2) prepare your bootable hard disk image at home, same amount of sectors
as target.
3) most of it will be empty, should be gzippable to <200MB (or even 100)
4) fetch in into ramdisk of running linux
5) decompres with zcat to disk.
6) reboot.