IPSec + vpn + multicast

nrml nrml nrml at att.net
Wed Dec 3 07:28:47 PST 2008

Hello,

I followed the handbook instructions and the ipsec(4) man page to setup vpn-over-ipsec for our company's site-to-site connection via our dedicated T1. Anyway I have it working but I found that I need to make sure that multicast traffic can traverse through the two subnets. I have the following options in my kernel:

FreeBSD somebox.domain.com 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #1: Fri Nov 21 08:11:47 PST 2008     root at somebox.domain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sysKERNEL  i386
device          crypto
options         IPSEC
options         IPSEC_FILTERTUNNEL
options         IPSEC_DEBUG         #debug for IP Security
options         IPSEC_NAT_T

ipsec-tools:
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for ipsec-tools-0.7.1
_OPTIONS_READ=ipsec-tools-0.7.1
WITH_DEBUG=true
WITH_IPV6=true
WITHOUT_ADMINPORT=true
WITHOUT_STATS=true
WITH_DPD=true
WITH_NATT=true
WITH_NATTF=true
WITH_FRAG=true
WITH_HYBRID=true
WITHOUT_PAM=true
WITHOUT_RADIUS=true
WITHOUT_LDAP=true
WITHOUT_GSSAPI=true
WITHOUT_SAUNSPEC=true
WITH_RC5=true
WITH_IDEA=true

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? The goal is to try and have transparency between the two sites to and try and get Bonjour working.

Thanks for your help.

--gabe