FreeBSD 7.0: which distribution

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:40:49 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Johan Hendriks <Johan at double-l.nl> wrote:

>>> the only reason that people use FreeBSD/i386 on 64-bit processors is that
>>> some binary-only drivers are only availaboe for i386.
>
>>what kind of drivers would be missing for the amd64 distribution ???
>
> Nvidia!!!

No Nvidia on that particular motherboard so the OP is on the safe side.

@OP: I have just installed FBSD amd 64 2 weeks ago to benefit of +4 GB of RAM
and until now i didn't have any kind of problem in compiling and
running applications.

My box is a web/mail/vpn/router/samba (yes i know there shouldn't be
that many services
on the box, but tell my boss that) and all the apps are working like a charm.