Introduction

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Dec 2 03:13:04 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm an Austrian sysadmin living in Montpezat (South France), and a 100%
GNU/Linux user since 2001. I've started with Slackware (7.1, I think) on
  a battered 486, hopped distros for some time, used Mandriva, Debian
and then Slackware again for a few years. In the last two years or so,
I've been mainly using a mix of CentOS (a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
clone) and Fedora.

I've been working as a writer for the french magazine "Linux Pratique"
since 2004. For the last two years, my job consisted primarily in
networking a series of small public libraries in eleven small towns
around here, using 100% open source software.

I don't know why, but it looks like I never crossed paths with FreeBSD.
Only recently, I took a peek in the apparently well-written
documentation. Now I have some spare time and also a spare machine (a
Fujitsu Lifebook), and I thought I'd give FreeBSD a spin, just out of
mere curiosity.

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki Kovacs