openldap24-sasl-client conflicts

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 06:48:18 PST 2008

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:01:09 -0500
Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent.net> wrote:

>It seems this always gets me when setting up a new machine and I've
>haven't been able to stop it from happening. I install openldap-server
>WITH_SASL and after that point, if I try to install any package with
>LDAP support, it tries to install openldap-client when
>openldap-sasl-client is already there and conflicts as shown below.
>What do I need to do to keep this from happening?
>
>--->  Installing the new version via the port
>===>  Installing for openldap-sasl-client-2.4.11
>===>   openldap-sasl-client-2.4.11 depends on
>file: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.5 - found ===>   Generating
>temporary packing list ===>  Checking if net/openldap24-client already
>installed ===>   openldap-sasl-client-2.4.11 is already installed
>      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
>      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
>      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of
> net/openldap24-client without deleting it first, set the variable
> "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER" in your environment or the "make install"
> command line.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/net/openldap24-client.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/net/openldap24-client.
>** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script
>-qa /tmp/portinstall.54161.0 env make reinstall ** Fix the
>installation problem and try again. --->  Skipping 'net/nss_ldap'
>because a requisite port 'net/openldap24-client' failed (specify -k to
>force) --->  Skipping 'security/pam_ldap' because a requisite port
>'net/openldap24-client' failed (specify -k to force) ** Listing the
>failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>	! net/openldap24-client	(install error)
>	* net/nss_ldap
>	* security/pam_ldap

I am assuming that you are attempting to install the port(s) manually.
Have you tried using a port management tool like 'portmanager' or
'portupgrade' to handle the task.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Hoffer's Discovery:
	The grand act of a dying institution is to issue a newly
	revised, enlarged edition of the policies and procedures manual.