jail stop extracting iso file

tethys ocean tethys.ocean at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 19:01:10 UTC 2008

İ see, i should extract this iso image (not using tar) may i close this
jail? and can i restart correctly? i am hesitate since squid in running on
jail? process is like

[root at finn /etc]#  ps ax -o pid,jid,args
  PID    JID COMMAND
 8415      0 /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start
10414      0 sshd: mary [priv] (sshd)
10417      0 sshd: mary at ttyp3 (sshd)
17168      0 /usr/local/sbin/squid -D
17170      0 (squid) -D (squid)
17171      0 (unlinkd) (unlinkd)
20754      0 /usr/sbin/syslogd -ss
20871      0 /usr/sbin/sshd
35688      0 sshd: andy [priv] (sshd)
35691      0 sshd: andy at ttypb (sshd)
42074      0 /usr/local/sbin/munin-node (perl)
48630      0 /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start
64266      0 screen
67740      0 /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start
71171      0 /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start
76426      0 /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start
92862      0 /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start
93912      0 sshd: alex [priv] (sshd)
93929      0 sshd: alex at ttypq (sshd)
93955      0 screen
10418      0 -bash (bash)
35692      0 -bash (bash)
35693      0 su -
35694      0 -su (csh)
64268      0 /usr/local/bin/bash
93930      0 -bash (bash)
93932      0 su -
93933      0 -su (bash)
93954      0 screen
93956      0 /usr/local/bin/bash
94654      0 ps ax -o pid,jid,args
[root at finn /etc]#

i think so i can stop jail by this command? (but it run)

/etc/rc.d/jail start
/etc/rc.d/jail stop

OR i can kill jail process and than /etc/rc.d/jail stop  and i can disable
in sysctl jail line

#security.jail.set_hostname_allowed=1
#security.jail.socket_unixiproute_only=1
#security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=0
#security.jail.enforce_statfs=2
#security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=0
#security.jail.chflags_allowed=0
#security.jail.jailed=0

than extract iso  file and restart jail?  possible? and it contains any
risk? since squid is so so important

since i ve read  this paper
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/jails-application.html

but i wasn't able to find some jail details/setting in this server but
neverthless jail is running

regards

--
Share now a pigeon's flight