BIND DNS Patching on 6.1, 6.2

gpeel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Fri Aug 29 19:47:31 UTC 2008

Hi Again,

When I posted this question originally, I had forgotten that I had a devel
server running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE. I tried the 6.3 patch, and it would not
make properly.

I was thinking I would try the BIND959.5.0 port, but it apprears that this
version is still vulneralbe.

So I suppose the only question is, what branch + version should one upgrade
to to secure this. (I assume 6.3 RELENG or 6 Stable).

COmments please,

-Grant

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:29:13 -0400, gpeel wrote