Updating a minimal install

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Aug 26 18:31:56 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have minimal (base) system of 6.2 that I run entirely from thumb
drive. It has nothing extra (man pages etc).

This system needs to be upgraded to 7.0.

Is there an easy way to upgrade this installation so that ONLY the
information that is currently installed is upgraded? I don't want
anything additional installed during the upgrade.

I'm certain that by default a make buildworld/installworld will install
too much.

Will a binary upgrade 'do the right thing'?

Steve