Unable to access certain sites from FreeBSD 6.2 (solved)

alasdair at iprimus.com.au alasdair at iprimus.com.au
Sun Aug 24 13:45:01 UTC 2008

Hi Norberto,

It is solved but quite simply!
But through no skill of mine. Installed tcpmssd, man page said  to re-configure
the kernel before diversion can be done.
So I added this to the GENERIC config file:
options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT
options IPV6FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE

Verbose just for curiosity!!

Compiled as per handbook. Didn't even configure tcpmssd. Just thought I would
check to see if sites opened ok. They did, but don't know why. Would be great
to know. Unless they just shutdown the bodgy router for a Sunday rebuild.
Will post if situation reverts.

Your experience put me on the right track,thanks now happily I can use FreeBSD
as my main OS.

Regards,

Alasdair