turn on beastie beside the 'Welcome to FreeBSD' boot optionsmenu

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Aug 22 10:56:48 UTC 2008

enom-FBSD1 <fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:
 >         beastie_disable="NO"  had no effect.

That's because "NO" is already the default.  Setting it
to "YES" will completely disable the whole boot menu.

 >         All that was needed was loader_logo="beastie"
 >         which produced beastie in color
 >
 >         Its good to see my old friend back where he belongs

How would you like this one?

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/FreeBSD/vloader/screenshot5.png

(It's work in progress.  See the latest FreeBSD Quarterly
Status Report.)

Best regards
   Oliver

"[...]  one observation we can make here is that Python makes
an excellent pseudocoding language, with the wonderful attribute
that it can actually be executed."  --  Bruce Eckel