Unable to access certain sites from FreeBSD 6.2

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Aug 21 02:42:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:10:19 +1000
alasdair at iprimus.com.au wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.

nw

> How do I "run an ipfw divert rule to
> >net/tcpmssd process " ? Where do I set this rule?

I haven't got that repository with the configuration handy... but from memory :

1) install net/tcpmssd
2) RT-tcpmssd-FM for options , and configure it to run on a certain port , say, tcp/9999
3) write a divert rule in ipfw's startup script to divert (all | some) tcp traffic to localhost's tcp/9999

pretty sure tcpmssd has info on how to do it ....

good luck,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
  Woody Allen