using sys/fusefs-ntfs as the home dir

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 03:26:16 UTC 2008

For the last couple of months I have stopped using a dual boot machine due to:

1. Not having an activated copy of vista (fixed)
2. Wine handling 90% of my common needs up to last week (NBC is
broadcasting the olympics in a format wine can't handle and most of my
games don't work [and the ones that do have no audio])

thus I am going back to a dual boot setup with the following config (I hope):

500 GB internal drive in 2 partions (min. for vista [c:] and the rest
for fbsd [8-current])
250 GB external (usb) that will be ntfs formated [d: for windows and
/mnt/d on fbsd)

My question how do I set it up so my windows user's dir is the same as
my home dir on fbsd? (assume it will be on the ext. drive)?

Secondary question which I know is answered at WineHQ so no need to
answer unless there is a BSD specific issue is how do I make it so
wine will treat the first partion of the 500 GB as ~/.wine/drive_c and
the same for the external