Realtek 81887SE b/g, not working

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:24:04 UTC 2008

I just got an msi wind which comes with this chip. It has no driver in
7-STABLE. I tried to use the windows drivers with ndisgen. ndis
attaches and can even associate with an ap and get an ip with dhcp,
but after that all I see are watchdog timeouts.  Even then it seems to
be very flaky with regard to ap association.

apparently openbsd does have a driver for this wifi nic:
http://jcs.org/laptops/wind/

if anyone has one of these working, an explanation of how you did that
would be great.

--
The Mafia way is that we pursue larger goals under the guise of
personal relationships.