RES: RES: Very Slow Samba

Mauro Ribeiro - Class Consultoria e Assessoria spam at mdrjr.net
Fri Aug 15 14:37:24 UTC 2008

Hi Derek,

I didn't have any Intel boards here for spare, but i Found a HP PCI-Express
1x Giga Ethernet here.

It's a broadcom chipset, I did replace the card but still with the same
problem. I also did a very deep research in google and found more people
with the same problem and everyone of them without a solution.

I guess that it's a issue between Samba and FreeBSD. I do say that 'cuz on
Linux+Samba (Debian Kernel+Samba.deb) this issue does not appear.

Anyway, If you have another idea.

BTW, this box was the same box that used to run Windows 2003 with SQL
Server.

Thank you for the support.

Best Regards,
Mauro Ribeiro