Nvidia 6100 MCP RAID or GEOM

Iv. Karabojkov ivo at kit-bg.com
Thu Aug 14 06:48:19 UTC 2008

Hi!

I am asking for recommendation. I'd like to use two SATA disks as RAID1
- mirror. My MB uses NVidia MCP6100 with hardware RAID.
Is it better to use this RAID or to build a new one using GEOM?
If I accidentally replace the MB will it be easy to reconfigure GEOM
(for hardware RAID I know it is not if the chipset / SATA BIOS is not
the same).

And one more: Is network chip Realtek RTL8201 supported on FreeBSD? I
didn't find it in rl or re drivers, some article says it is supported by
nve or nfe ?!?

Thanks in advance,
Ivo