How to visit U disk?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Aug 13 10:34:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:53:18 +0800, EdwardKing <zhangsc at neusoft.com> wrote:
> I want to use U disk which format is FAT32,I don't know how to visit U disk,my dev directory is follows:
> #cd /dev
> #ls
> usb
> usb0
> usb1
>
> How to do it?
> Thanks in advance

I just try to guess what you're trying to do: Acces an USB hard
disk? Look out for /dev/da* device files that occur when connecting
the disk, or:

	# dmesg | grep ^da

The da* files - direct access - are the special files to access
USB drives.

Then you can mount them as you like (FAT32 -> msdosfs):

	# mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1c /mnt

or something similar. mount_msdosfs allows some options to get
the file attributes correct, read "man mount_msdosfs" to learn
more about it.

Hope that was the question. :-)

--
Polytropon