Xerox Phaser 6110 printer

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Aug 11 19:04:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Mike Clarke wrote:

> Does anybody have a Xerox Phaser 6110 printer working with FreeBSD? My
> current inkjet is on it's last legs and the 6110 looks like a good deal
> at only 90 GBP for a colour laser. It's listed in the OpenPrinting
> database as working "mostly" but I'm not sure if that applies to
> FreeBSD as well as Unix and how good "mostly" is.

Printers with sole-source drivers like that make me nervous.  If the
driver or certain features doen't work on your system, it doesn't leave
a lot of options.

foo2qpdl doesn't appear to be in ports, but probably it'll build okay
anyway.  If it were me, I'd make sure that builds and runs first, making
a port of it.  Then test the output on a sample printer before buying.