video glitch with high def vids on nvidia 7600

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Sun Aug 10 11:48:21 UTC 2008

Hi All

I am having a problem playing High Definition video using Freebsd 7 and
an Nvidia 7600 AGP graphics card.

I have tried hd-divx and mkv.

Video plays smooth, but there is a horizontal glitch through the centre
when displaying full screen.

Has anybody else experienced this ?  is there a fix ?

I am using the nvidia-driver from ports (173.14.09) compiled with the
default configuration.  Nvidia kernel object is loaded and nvidia is
configured in xorg.conf and controlled by nvidia-settings.

Kind Regards

Craig Butler