Add CONFIGURE_ARGS option for port in make.conf

Matthias Kellermann mk at adminlife.net
Thu Aug 7 08:21:00 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I want to compile a port with an option that is not controllable through
the FreeBSD Makefile or with make config.

The specific port is lang/php4 and the option I want to add is
--with-mime-magic (I know, php4 is old and not supported after 8.8.08
and --with-mime-magic is deprecated, but thats another story...).

So I added an option to make.conf(5):

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/lang/php4}
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-mime-magic
.endif

Unfortonately, this does not work.

When I add this option in the Makefile it works. The relevant part looks
like this:

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --enable-versioning \
		--with-mime-magic \
                 --enable-memory-limit \
                 --with-layout=GNU \
                 --with-config-file-scan-dir=${PREFIX}/etc/php \
                 --disable-all \
                 --program-prefix=""

Any ideas whats wrong here?

Regards,