All files on NFS4 mount are owned by 4294967294:4294967294

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 6 15:06:13 UTC 2008

mikeco wrote:
> I've tried mounting it as nfs rather than nfs4, but it just scrolls an error
> until I send a break:
> mount -t nfs cnfs:/export /nfs
> [udp] cnfs:/export: NFSPROC_NULL: RPC: Timed out

That says the server is failing to respond to the client's mount
request.  You could try TCP mounts in case they are less broken on the
server side.  They are recommended anyway.

Kris