rrdtool port build fails on: Error: shared library "cairo.2" does not exist

William willay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:00:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running a FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE system, ports updated via cvsup.

I'm trying to build the port 'cacti', which depends on 'rrdtool',
which depends on 'cairo'. The build for cairo completes then I'm
stopped in my tracks on:

config.status: config.h is unchanged
===>   Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
===>   Registering installation for cairo-1.6.4_2,1
===>   Returning to build of rrdtool-1.3.0_1
Error: shared library "cairo.2" does not exist
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/rrdtool.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/rrdtool.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/cacti.
[root at box /usr/ports/net-mgmt/cacti]#

I've tried google but I cannot find any answers as to how I over come
this issue, can anyone help?

Regards,