Troubleshooting a 3Ware 9550SX under 6.3

Patrick C pcloches at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 22:59:31 UTC 2008

This is a very important point. By turning the cache on, you have not
resolved an underlying performance issue, if there even is one. Please
try dd again with a well-sized bs= parameter, or use some more
accurate reporting like iozone, sysbench, etc.

Also, I am not sure how much memory is on the card, but that is likely
COMPLETELY in cache at that point so you're not learning anything.
Write a couple gigs to get some real numbers.

-Patrick