Adding device to FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE

Heiko Wundram modelnine at modelnine.org
Fri Aug 1 16:36:31 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 1. August 2008 18:06:33 schrieb Jack Raats:
> I would like to add the zyd device to FreeBSD.
> The zyd driver allready is in FreeBSD 7.0.
> Which steps do I have to take to add the zyd device to FreeBSD?

Upgrade to 7.0? How to do that is documented on freebsd.org in the handbook.

If the driver isn't available in 6[.x]-STABLE (I have no idea, I run
7-STABLE), it's not been backported, meaning that there hasn't been (or not
sufficient) interest in doing that, and I'd presume that you don't want to do
that either (or lack the technical skills to do so, which I don't mean in a
derogative way), so your only real option is to upgrade.

Oh, by the way: it's generally not considered good manners to cross-post to
several mailinglists. One is enough, and in your case, -questions was just
fine.

--
Heiko Wundram