PCI Gigabit Ethernet network interface card (NIC) recommendations

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:20:12 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 23:59:16 Robert Huff wrote:
> David Christensen writes:
> >  I would like to add a PCI Gigabit Ethernet network interface card
> >  (NIC) to the computer and was wondering what cards other people
> >  are using and how they liked them.  Any comments and/or
> >  recommendations would be appreciated.
>
> 	Realtek-based cards were mentioned; they seem to do well under
> light to moderate loads, but not so well when the going gets tough.
> 	Intel-based cards, on the other hand, have a superior track
> record; probably doesn't hurt the driver is maintained by Intel.  I
> replaced an re() card with a Pro/1000 dual port, and watched errors
> drop from ~1% to _0_ in 11 days of moderate to heavy usage.

Robert, sorry to bother, but is this one ok?
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/adapters/pro1000gt/pro1000gt-overview.htm

I can get it in here for us$20 each.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-38975340-placa-de-red-intel-101001000-pro1000-gt-desktop-adapter-_JM

If you give me a tumb up, I'll be buying a few tomorrow :)

Thanks
--
Blessings
Gonzalo Nemmi