Recommendations for BSD Unix Toolbox: 1000+ Commands for FreeBSD & BSD Books

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Mon Apr 28 22:31:33 UTC 2008

loony wrote:

> What are folks recommendations for the updated edition of BSD UNIX Toolbox:
> 1000+ Commands for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD (Paperback)by Christopher Negus
> (Author), Francois Caen (Author)?

Amazon.com started shipping pre-ordered copies only today, so I can't
imagine too many people have had a chance to form in-depth impressions
yet.  I'll try to say more after I actually have browsed my copy.  :-)

For the moment, I will strongly second Roland Smith's reminder that ?AMP
 is largely OS independent so long as you use a *n?x that
Apache/MySQL/etc. are well supported under.  You may well do better to
find a "Use Apache to build a web site" or "(language of your choice)
with (database of your choice)" book that suits your development
philosophy.

--Jon Radel