USB HD based backup schemes

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Sat Apr 26 21:50:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:26:53 -0500
Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark.org> wrote:

> I'm sure that I could roll my own with dump or such, but I'm sure
> that I would leave important things out

i don't know about that, jeffrey.
i found dump to be very straightforward and i think it's great you can
ssh backups elsewhere.
i looked at some of the others (amanda, cpio i think) too and they
looked involved to me (admittedly this was several years ago so i
don't know if things have changed more recently).

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's