Hangup on USB mass device

Sébastien Morand seb.morand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:56:52 UTC 2008

> According to the file /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs on my 7-STABLE
> system, this is a C-700 camera, which should be recognized.

Actually it a C-310 but maybe the drive can handle both models?

>> Apr 23 22:17:48 mellba kernel: umass2: <OLYMPUS X100,D540Z,C310Z, class 0/0, rev
>> 2.00/1.00, addr 2> on uhub0
>
> And it does not seem to be recognized properly.
>
>> So My USB device has been seen and then nothing until the first message of the
>> next boot
>
> OK, so it goes wrong before the usb subsystem hands the camera off as a
> da device.
>
> This is uhub0, so it's recognized as a USB 1.0 device. Is it USB 2.0 capable
 >
> Is the mp3 player a usb 1.0 device as well? In that case the trouble is
> probably with the ohci driver, since the USB 2.0 devices seem to work well.

Both of them are USB 2,0 capable devices (according to manufactor AND I test
them under windows, they are recognized as usb 2.0 devices with Hi speed.

 > On 7.x you should have /boot/kernel/kernel.symbols, which is the
 > debugging kernel (/boot/kernel/kernel is the regular, stripped, kernel).

Ok here is what I get (I have 3 dumps and all give the same results):

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address	= 0x0
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x20:0x0
stack pointer	        = 0x28:0xe4ab369c
frame pointer	        = 0x28:0xe4ab36dc
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 12 (swi4: clock sio)
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 34m10s
Physical memory: 1003 MB
Dumping 180 MB: 165 149 133 117 101 85 69 53 (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to
abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  37 21 5

#0  doadump () at pcpu.h:195
195	pcpu.h: No such file or directory.
	in pcpu.h

 > There should be a space between "no" and &&.

I could have guessed this one :-)

Sebastien