clean for kernel build

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Wed Apr 23 15:15:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 04:00:42PM -0600, Andrew Falanga wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Fraser Tweedale <frase at frase.id.au> wrote:
> > `make buildkernel` in /usr/src does a clean before building.  You most
> > likely are missing something in your kernel config (i.e. a device that is
> > depended on by another device).
> >
> >  frase
> >

> Thanks.  What options are needed in conjunction with IPSEC?  I have
> this in my config file:
>
> options          IPSEC
> options          IPSEC_ESP # from the handbook
>
> The IPSec & VPN page in the handbook says to use these.  However, the
> IPSEC_ESP errors out of the build with "unknown option."  What else is
> needed?  Also, if I'm not mistaken, the linker errors I'm seeing are
> dealing with the IPSEC implementation.  What kernel options are
> necessary for building a kernel with IPSec?

I'm not sure, as I don't user IPSEC, but this entry from /usr/src/UPDATING
might be of use:

20070704:
        The new IPsec code is now compiled in using the IPSEC option.  The
        IPSEC option now requires "device crypto" be defined in your kernel
        configuration.  The FAST_IPSEC kernel option is now deprecated.

We have recently moved from the KAME Project's IPSEC to FAST_IPSEC.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye
                                                                     _