Install CVsup

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Mon Apr 21 07:57:36 UTC 2008

On Mon 2008-04-21 15:27:11 UTC+0800, Ruel Luchavez (ruel.freebsd at gmail.com) wrote:

> my freebsd server is version 6.2, I want to install cvsup and this is what i
> type in my box:
>
> cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without gui
> make install
>
> ..but during its process i allways has time-out connection then it ends up..

17:50 root at blizzard [/usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui]make fetch
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
=> cvsup-snap-16.1h.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CVSup/snapshots/.
cvsup-snap-16.1h.tar.gz                       100% of  420 kB  113 kBps

It seems to fetch the distfile fine here.  But you should probably
look at using "csup" instead.  It is functionally equivalent to
cvsup-without-gui but rewritten in C.  It should be in the base system
on FreeBSD 6.2 (or newer) under /usr/bin.

You may also want to look at Portsnap (which should be in the base
system at /usr/sbin/portsnap).  I prefer it to csup.