Changing Console Video Modes

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 06:36:59 UTC 2008

Im not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but anyways, it is a
pointer .. so I'm throwing it for you to decide whether it is usefull for
your case or not:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/bsd-17/1024x768-console-higher-available-366057/#post1867124

I tried it but it didn't work in here ..
vidcontrol complains before showing giving my a promt and all it get is a:

vidcontrol: cannot activate raster display. Inapropriate ioctl for device
vidcontrol [-CdLHPpx] [-b color] [-c appearance] [-f [size] file]
		[-g geometry] [-h size] [-i adapter | mode] [-l screen_map]
		[-M char] [-m on | off] [-r foreground background]
		[-S on | off] [-s number] [-t N | off] [mode]
		[foreground [background]] [show]

and a prompt after that =(

Anyways ... I'm still too new to FreBSD so chances are, I did something wrong.

Still .. I think that getting higher console resolutions is a topic worth
investigating in order to get a nice res on a 1600x1200 res capable monitor
I really dont care about 1600 at all .. but iḋ like to possiblity to workn on
a 1024x768 frame buffered console.

=)

Blessings

---