question about "gnash" or "kde-gnash"

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sat Apr 19 21:11:38 UTC 2008

	Hi people,

	For several years I've been grumblish about us open-src folks not
	having flash (and whatever toys come with the package.   A lot of
	web site require (or insist that the require the latest flash.
	Long-story-short -- and I nay be wrong about this -- but it seems
	that the main use of flash is for animated ads.  When I recently
	began
	portupgrding stuff, I found my 2.4Gh/1G RAM desktop almost
	brought to a stop.  top showed the kde-gnash was one culprit;
	so: Is there a way of turning these animated ads off?  firefox is
	the best browser, but had no tts builtin, and having builr kttsd
	and other speech apps, I usually use Konqueror.

	I'd feel real warm+funny nuking the ads that churn my uprocessor.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix