FreeBSD 7.0 not executing /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ at startup

Jeff Royle lists at qwirky.net
Sat Apr 19 15:21:49 UTC 2008

Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:44:59 -0600
> Eric <eric at mikestammer.com> wrote:
>
>> are you changing the kernel security level in your rc.conf file? if
>> so, comment it out and reboot. that was an issue i had on a 6.x box
>> recently and commenting out the security level change fixed it
>
> No, I didn't change that.
> I've attached my rc.conf. If I start all scripts by hand there are no
> errors and they run fine. But it would be a lot easier if they run on
> booting.

Try removing the local_startup line from the rc.conf.  It is already
defined in the /etc/defaults/rc.conf so it is not needed.

I am wondering if this is causing something in rc confusion.

If that doesn't work.   Turn off everything but 1 or 2 (at most) from
/usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts see if you can narrow it down.

Cheers,

Jeff