Support for Stallion Serial Controllers in FreeBSD 7

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Fri Apr 18 04:29:01 UTC 2008

Hi

 From some reading I have been doing including here:
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/console-server/setting-up-server.html>

...I have been given to understand that FreeBSD supports Stallion
multiport serial cards, provided that I enable it in the kernel.

However, the link in the document above to stl comes up with nothing, I
can find no other references doing a site search and doing:

grep -r -i stallion *

...in /usr/src/sys, nothing comes up.  Admittedly, I did run this on a
Sparc64 machine so maybe it's missing from there, but am puzzled as to
why I can only find that one reference on the entire site, and that
includes searching the general and hardware list archives.

Is this support now incorporated into something else?  I know that
nothing comes up in dmesg, although as I said before, this is a Sparc64
machine which maybe lacks those kernel components.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/