sslexplorer setup - just so the archives have it...

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 17:17:29 UTC 2008

Sigh. Let's try that again - fat-fingered it and sent it before it was ready.

Followed the procedure found in this link:

http://n3ncy.com/UNIX/FreeBSD/SSLExplorer.htm

Installed Java, and it went through setup, connected to my Active
directory just fine. Found a problem with that - I suspect that the
app doesn't like either a very long password, or it doesn't like
spaces in the password, so I shortened it to a 20 character passphrase
- basically a sentence with the spaces removed from it.

Then, when starting the app via /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sslexplorer got
the following error:

usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.2" not found, required
 by "wrapper"

A quick bit of googling indicated that I needed to install compat4x.

     cd /usr/ports/misc/compat4x
     make install
    rehash

That takes care of the problem.