Avermedia 507 TV

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Wed Apr 16 23:11:30 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 08:41:45 Victor M. Blood wrote:
> On 15.04.2008, Da Rock wrote:

> >> I suspect your tuner (terratec?)  is not amongst the supported ones.
> >
> > Both are Avermedia actually as posted, and yes they're only marginally
> > supported. So far only the analogue works (possibly).
> >
> > That saa driver- I thought there was a problem with the site, but I had
> > no idea it could be downloaded with kbtv. I thought it was only compiled
> > with support for the driver, not the driver itself.
>
> =from kbtv README
> If you set the
> WITH_SAA variable to True the saa.ko kernel module will be built and
> installed, as well as the tvv X-based viewer (gets embedded into kbtv) and
> a saa Python module that allows for tuning and such, exactly like the bt848
> module provides for Brooktree based hardware. Note that some parts, not
> needed for kbtv, are not built and not installed by kbtv.
> =========

This is from an ancient version of kbtv. Tvv is not being used as viewer for a
long time, instead a SDL based viewer, similar to the bktr viewer is used,
and together with the tuning and some other stuff it makes up the "saa
backend"

Hope that explains things a bit,

Dan

> ls kbtv-1.0/saa/patches
> patch-Makefile
> patch-support::tuner_ctrl.h
> ls kbtv-1.0/saa/saa
> kmod
> ROMS
> support
> tvv
> LICENSE
> Makefile
> Makevars
> README
>
> saa-driver that loading is here
> http://download.purpe.com/files/saa-REL_14.tgz   or
> http://download.purpe.com/files/
>
> bsd patches from /usr/ports/multimedia/kbtv/work/*/saa/patches
>
> kbtv:
> http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbtv
> http://freebsd.ricin.com/ports/distfiles/kbtv-1.2.5.tbz

kbtv-1.2.5 cetrainly uses its own backend, not tvv.