Interrupt storm with 7.0

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sun Apr 13 21:12:21 UTC 2008

On Sunday 13 April 2008 14:41:51 lysergius2001 wrote:

> Recently installed 7.0-RELEASE on an i386 as upgrade from 6.3-RELEASE and
> now have a continuous interrupt storm on IRQ17.  This is a shared IRQ for
> ath0 and echi0.  Never saw this on 6.3??? Any suggestions?

I've seen something similar on an old dell laptop, on 6.3. It would cause an
interrupt storm when it got disconnected by the hostap for beacon misses. ath
driver as well, not sure what it shared it with.
Unfortunately, I never got around to reporting it and the machine has been
destroyed by little mongrols, I mean the sweet boys.

I know this doesn't help you, but at least you know that there is 'something'
with the ath driver that can cause interrupt storms.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.