ZFS question...

Wael Nasreddine mla at nasreddine.com
Thu Apr 10 17:45:30 UTC 2008

Hello list,

I have 3 external USB hard disks hooked to my server, serving media
files via NFS, SSHFS and samba to my local network, laptops and
Playstation 2, the sizes of these hard disks are 160Gb, 500Gb and
750Gb, the 160Gb has no space left, my archive of Movies is on it, the
500Gb will soon run out of space it has my archive of TV series and
anime but the 750Gb is almost empty, it has only a few Gigs for my Mp3
collection anyway I hate to have movies/series everywhere so I thought
of combining them into one big array... RAID0 isn't an option, RAID5
could be but since the smallest one is 160Gb the size of the array
will be 320Gb which is ridiculous in my case... So I thought of having
a ZFS over the 3 drives, but I don't know what size should I expect
and how/where can I mirror or mirroring isn't possible for me??

Regards,

--
Wael Nasreddine
http://wael.nasreddine.com

/<o>\ Love, n. A technical detail of secondary importance to the basis of
/<o>\    morality, the Ten Commandments.
/<o>\ 		-- Hayward's Unabridged Dictionary,
/<o>\ 		http://JonathansCorner.com/writings/hud/