QEMU networking quirkiness on 7.0

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 00:10:46 UTC 2008

I'm not sure if this is QEmu or FreeBSD. I have a fairly boring 7.0/i386 setup.

The QEmu VM can access the web (I'm typing this out now in WindowsXP
running safely in it's cage, for example). But it cannot VPN into work
(timeout) or ping anything. I suspect it has to do with the way that
QEmu is given network access. Is there any way to set up QEmu to
access the network through an aliased IP address, and hence look like
any other machine on my network, rather than to hide behind my BSD
box? Is there another route I should take?+

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton