Documentation for port config options?

Maxim Khitrov mkhitrov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:15:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD at insightbb.com> wrote:
> cups-base has several options:
>
>   [X] GNUTLS    Build with GNUTLS library
>   [ ] PHP       Build PHP support
>   [ ] PYTHON    Build PYTHON support
>   [ ] LIBPAPER  Build with libpaper support
>   [ ] DNSSD     Build with DNS_SD (avahi) support
>   [ ] PAM       Build with PAM support
>   [ ] LDAP      Build with LDAP support
>   [ ] DBUS      Build with DBUS support
>
>  Where can I find documentation regarding these options, so I can determine
>  which ones I need?

Your best bet is to figure out which dependencies each of the option
adds (by looking through the Makefile). This is usually pretty simple
to do as you have constructs such as if defined(WITH_X) require some
other port. You can then look at the pkg-desc file for each dependency
and decide if you need that software installed. I don't think there is
a better way at this time.

- Max