FreeBSD on IBM Blade Servers

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:50:51 UTC 2008

> Somebody using FreeBSD & IBM Blade hardware in production?

Hello Maximillian,

I'm not using it myself, but a friend of mine is running FreeBSD
6.1-STABLE on IBM BladeCenter LS20, AMD Opteron 2.4GHz/800 MHz. He
says the big problems are getting the BladeCenter's USB console
working across reboots and multipathing the HBAs. His FreeBSD blades
boot of the SAN and they all have dual HBAs. Since FreeBSD 6.1 has
zero multipath support, he has to disable one of the HBA for the boot
process to work.

I think FreeBSD 7.0 is a *lot* better with respect to the USB console.
But I have no idea about the HBA multipath support?

Anyway, if you do have more specific questions, please feel free to
send them to me. I'd forward them to my friend or hook you two
together.

HTH,

David
--