Sudo Commands on New 6.2 System Cause Last Login Message.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Apr 3 17:06:38 UTC 2008

	I noticed that every sudo command I issue is accompanied
by a "Last login" message.

25testokcns root $ls .hushlogin
ls: .hushlogin: No such file or directory
26testokcns root $sudo touch .hushlogin
Last login: Thu Apr  3 11:38:24 from testokcns.osuokc
27testokcns root $sudo date
Last login: Thu Apr  3 11:41:10 from testokcns.osuokc
Thu Apr  3 11:41:17 CDT 2008

I was trying to see if a .hushlogin file in /root might snuff
out the messages, but it had no effect.

The commands always work but I would rather not get that message
each time. Am I missing something obvious?

	Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer