FreeBSD Traffic Shaping

freebsd at top-consulting.net freebsd at top-consulting.net
Wed Apr 2 07:27:25 UTC 2008

I gave port 80 as an example but I need this configuration for
limiting other services as well.

If you have a 100mbps connection and only one client, you want him to
only use 50kbps, not the full pipe. If you have 200 clients, they
still get 50kbps each.

Is this feature that I need so complicated that it can't be
implemented easily into FreeBSD or is it that not many people need it
? It sounds quite useful to me :)