6.3release AMD64 NFSclient and 4.10/11

Used Equipment resale_equip at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 23:58:10 UTC 2008

After beating my head for several hours, I'm hoping we
can confirm the lack of backwards compatibility with
4.X.
Although the server can be called from any 4.X client
and connect with the 6.3amd64 release nfsd. The 6.3
client does not connect with 4.X server.

The standard response is
: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered
Only on the client to a 4.X machine.

Also note nfsiod does not start on amd64 release.
even manually starting the daemon which isn't required
necessarily, does not core dump or start. Nor is it
visible in ps.

Even during boot/kernel load no errors are indicated
for client.

again nsfd is running fine (means exports is fine
too).
rpcbind appears to be ok.
client big zero.  nfsiod -n 4

Any help would be appreciated.